A blog about having a child with PHPV or PFVS

A blog about having a child with PHPV or PFVS



Persistent Hyperplastic Primary Vitreous


also known as

Persistent Fetal Vasculature Syndrome

and micropthalmia (small eye)

Our experiences with 3 surgeries, 2 EUA's, patching, contact lenses, scleral shells, prosthetic eyes, emotions, places to get support, links to other sites and general info on vision impairment. I really hope my blog helps and educates and I would love to hear from you with any questions you have, or even if you just need to talk to someone who has "been there, done that".

traciereinikka@hotmail.com

Perth, Western Australia







Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Haven't put the lens in, had healing prayer

I haven't put his lens back in. I tried to do it but man, he has gotten sooo much stronger since I did it before! It was so hard on my own, he just got really angry and frustrated so I stopped. I spoke to Rich about it and he said to just leave it, don't put it in so I haven't. I see the lens every time I open the cupboard though.

His eye looks like it's getting worse, like getting darker in colour. There's no light getting to it but in Jesus name, there will be. Our church held a healing service this morning so Rich took the day off work and we went and got some awesome prayer for Joel. I really believe that God is healing Joel as we speak, there are things going on behind his eye that we can't see. God is clearing and draining that blood that's stopping the light form getting in, I just know it.

I still feel sad when I look at other kids, even adult men, with their perfect eyes and think "Joel will never look like that" but it's getting easier to handle it.

There was a guy on tv yesterday who has this bionic eye, he can't see out of it but it's got a camera in it and it lights up red like the Terminator. Great sense of humour too, I've been meaning to google it to find out more about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment