A blog about having a child with PHPV or PFVS

A blog about having a child with PHPV or PFVS



Persistent Hyperplastic Primary Vitreous


also known as

Persistent Fetal Vasculature Syndrome

and micropthalmia (small eye)

Our experiences with 3 surgeries, 2 EUA's, patching, contact lenses, scleral shells, prosthetic eyes, emotions, places to get support, links to other sites and general info on vision impairment. I really hope my blog helps and educates and I would love to hear from you with any questions you have, or even if you just need to talk to someone who has "been there, done that".

traciereinikka@hotmail.com

Perth, Western Australia







Wednesday, May 19, 2010

It gets easier...

I had an email from another mum who has a child just diagnosed with PHPV (or PFVS, as they seem to know it more by that acronym in the US) and she was feeling how I felt right at the start of this journey. I just wanted to put it out there that it does get easier. I was told that by other parents with APHAKIC kids (kids without the natural lens of the eye due to surgery or defect) and I never thought I'd get there and stop crying but it does get easier. You always think about it but already, after only a few months, it doesn't have that "sting" to it like it did before. So... chin up and stay strong for your little ones xx

No comments:

Post a Comment