A blog about having a child with PHPV or PFVS

A blog about having a child with PHPV or PFVS



Persistent Hyperplastic Primary Vitreous


also known as

Persistent Fetal Vasculature Syndrome

and micropthalmia (small eye)

Our experiences with 3 surgeries, 2 EUA's, patching, contact lenses, scleral shells, prosthetic eyes, emotions, places to get support, links to other sites and general info on vision impairment. I really hope my blog helps and educates and I would love to hear from you with any questions you have, or even if you just need to talk to someone who has "been there, done that".

traciereinikka@hotmail.com

Perth, Western Australia







Monday, June 28, 2010

General Anesthetic and his cold

I just spoke to the Anethetist and he said to just watch Joel for the next 72 hours and see what happens. If it goes to his chest there's no way they'll put him under a GA, so I just hope it stays in his sinuses. Well, best hope is that it goes away totally.

I remember reading, in my research before his first GA, of a little baby who had complications following his surgery because he had a chesty cold 2 weeks before he was anethetised. It's pretty nerve racking stuff! I am really nervous for him. I really hope this cold goes away soon or else I am going to make myself even more nervous knowing there's that one extra risk.

I will just keep loading him up on breastmilk, that stuff is magic ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment