A blog about having a child with PHPV or PFVS

A blog about having a child with PHPV or PFVS



Persistent Hyperplastic Primary Vitreous


also known as

Persistent Fetal Vasculature Syndrome

and micropthalmia (small eye)

Our experiences with 3 surgeries, 2 EUA's, patching, contact lenses, scleral shells, prosthetic eyes, emotions, places to get support, links to other sites and general info on vision impairment. I really hope my blog helps and educates and I would love to hear from you with any questions you have, or even if you just need to talk to someone who has "been there, done that".

traciereinikka@hotmail.com

Perth, Western Australia







Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day before the surgery

He's coughing a lot. I don't think he's going to be well enough for a GA, I can hear all the phlegm rattling around in his chest.

I guess I'll just wait and see what happens tomorrow. I really want to just get it over and done with plus I have organised babysitters for Annalise because we will be gone all day (leave home at 10:30, drop her off, get to hospital by 12, surgery booked for 3, recovery until 5, peak hour traffic means we won't pick her up til almost 7). That's if the surgery is on time, if it goes ahead. Last time we had almost an hour wait for the surgeon. Ah well, tomorrow will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment