A blog about having a child with PHPV or PFVS

A blog about having a child with PHPV or PFVS



Persistent Hyperplastic Primary Vitreous


also known as

Persistent Fetal Vasculature Syndrome

and micropthalmia (small eye)

Our experiences with 3 surgeries, 2 EUA's, patching, contact lenses, scleral shells, prosthetic eyes, emotions, places to get support, links to other sites and general info on vision impairment. I really hope my blog helps and educates and I would love to hear from you with any questions you have, or even if you just need to talk to someone who has "been there, done that".

traciereinikka@hotmail.com

Perth, Western Australia







Saturday, July 24, 2010

Thank God

Thank God for church, for positioning me in such an awesome place.

Friday night church was amazing, so much worship and so many tears from me. This is Our God just gets me every time! I went this morning for the 9am service, stayed for that then stayed on for the next 11am service just soaking up God's presence and worshipping Him. I've realised how much I've been relying on my own strength to get me through and taking the word of the doctors about Joel. I've felt so abandoned by God, just thinking that He hasn't been with me lately and that's just wrong. He has been there, I just haven't been turning to Him, asking Him to help me and trusting Him. That was the revelation I got out of this weekend - that I haven't been trusting God with all of this. God allowed Joel to be born like this and He has an amazing purpose for Joel, he is going to bring so much joy and so much humility to so many people. He's already a mighty little man of God.

The enemy is defeated as I praise, praise You. That's what I've got in my spirit today. The more praise I give Him in all of this, the more the enemy can't get in there. God is in control of all of it, not my feelings, not what the doctors are saying.

I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I feel lighter and more at peace with everything than I have in months.

Praise God for my perfect little boy. Praise God for giving him to me to look after and for giving me everything I need to be able to get through this.

I'm going to steal something from another mum, an amazing woman of God:

PHPV doesn't stand for Persistent Hyperplastic Primary Vitreous. It stands for

Praise His Perfect Victory.

Amen! Now I am going to crank some Hillsong up really loud and praise and praise and praise!

No comments:

Post a Comment