A blog about having a child with PHPV or PFVS

A blog about having a child with PHPV or PFVS



Persistent Hyperplastic Primary Vitreous


also known as

Persistent Fetal Vasculature Syndrome

and micropthalmia (small eye)

Our experiences with 3 surgeries, 2 EUA's, patching, contact lenses, scleral shells, prosthetic eyes, emotions, places to get support, links to other sites and general info on vision impairment. I really hope my blog helps and educates and I would love to hear from you with any questions you have, or even if you just need to talk to someone who has "been there, done that".

traciereinikka@hotmail.com

Perth, Western Australia







Friday, July 16, 2010

Zooming in

I bought a new camera the other day, I had to because I left our old one outside in the storm. Ooops. Anyway, the new camera has a really great lens and I can zoom right in so I took a photo of Joel's eye yesterday then zoomed in again when it was uploaded to the laptop. It's pretty amazing, I can see the hyphema in his eye, it looks like a dark mass over the iris but I can see part of the iris so it doesn't cover the whole eye anymore. Maybe when they go in on Monday there'll be a lot less blood to drain than they thought.

New pic of him is up, taken yesterday. Love my boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment